State of the Industry 2018
June 13-14, 2018 – Unipol Arena – Casalecchio di Reno (BO), Italy
Digitalization and new mobility trends, the future of car repair
Autopromotec Conference is an international conference welcoming experts from all over the world. The event provides a great opportunity for automotive professionals such as equipment and spare parts manufacturers, dealers, car companies and supply chains, to meet in a business-networking environment and learn about the latest products and solutions with a view to planning future strategies.
Autopromotec Conference is organized by Autopromotec, the most specialized international exhibition of automotive equipment and aftermarket products.
4 disruptive forces are gaining pace and deeply affecting the entire world of self-repair: digitalization and connectivity, electrification, autonomous driving, shared mobility.
- An update on penetration of digitalization during various processes such as identification and purchase of spare parts and assistance, repair and overhaul services;
- Connectivity, through OEM boxes or aftermarket solutions, automatic management of customer relationship, on-board diagnostics and repair and workshop equipment management;
- IOT and cloud management, aimed at collecting and processing millions of data for more accurate predictive maintenance;
- Electrification, where availability of charging points and vehicle autonomy become important key points;
- Self-driving vehicles and VtoI (Vehicle to Infrastructure) / VtoV (Vehicle to Vehicle) communication;
- Evolution of regulations and rules in a data-driven economy: ownership, accessibility, usage – either free of charge or against payment - of data will affect winning players and organizations;
- AI: in other words, how the technological evolution of artificial intelligence (deep learning and artificial neural networks) will provide increasingly more complete and performing solutions (robots, 3D printing);
- The key role of the human factor in a technology-ridden future.